Assignment Dropbox: How do I grade or check off a submission as complete?
ANSWER: ASSIGNMENT DROPBOX > RETURN GRADED SUBMISSION / MARK AS COMPLETED
After Students submit their assignments, you can evaluate them from the Assignment Dropbox tool. You have the following options:
- return the submission to the Student or group and ask them to do further work.
- save the submission and review it later.
- grade the submission and return it to the Student or group.
- if the submission does not require a grade, mark it as complete.
Role(s) Needed: These instructions apply to Section-level Instructors.
To grade a submission (and transfer the grade to the Grade Book) or mark a submission as complete:
Step 1: From the Teach tab, click the Assignments tool in the Course Tools area of the Course Menu.
Step 2: Click the down arrow icon next to the assignment name and select View Submissions.
- On the Assignment Dropbox page, you will see 5 tabs, and the system defaults to the All tab, on which ALL assignments are shown in one view.
Step 3: Click the Submitted tab.
- TIP: To filter the list to a specific assignment, in the upper-right corner of the Dropbox page, choose the assignment from the View by drop-down list and click the green Go arrow.
Step 4: Locate the submission and click on its link.
Step 5: In the submission:
- In the Grader/Reviewer Comments text box, enter your comments.
- If you are evaluating a text submission, you have the option of attaching a file. Click the Add Attachments button.
Under Save Options, select one of the following:
- If the assignment requires a grade, select Return graded submission to Student(s) and enter the grade.
- If the assignment does not require a grade, select Mark as completed and return to Student(s).
- Click Save.
If you selected Return graded submission to Student(s) with a grade, the grade is transferred to the Grade Book. In either case, the submission is moved to the Graded tab on the Dropbox page. Grades entered here are transferred to the Grade Book. Students will see their scores (and any comments) when they go to their Assignments or My Grades area in the course, as long as you have Released the grade column associated with this assignment. For more information on releasing grades, refer to the Grade Book folder in this knowledge base.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.