Assignment Dropbox: How do I return a submission to a student to revise their work?
ANSWER: ASSIGNMENT DROPBOX - RETURN FOR FURTHER EDITING
After Students submit their assignments, you can evaluate them from the Assignment Dropbox tool. You have the following options:
- return the submission to the Student or group and ask them to do further work.
- save the submission and review it later.
- grade the submission and return it to the Student or group.
- if the submission does not require a grade, mark it as complete.
Role(s) Needed: These instructions apply to Section-level Instructors.
To return the submission for re-work:
Step 1: From the Teach tab, click the Assignments tool in the Course Tools area of the Course Menu.
Step 2: Click the down arrow icon next to the assignment name and select View Submissions.
- On the Assignment Dropbox page, you will see 5 tabs, and the system defaults to the All tab, on which ALL assignments are shown in one view.
Step 3: Click the Submitted tab.
- TIP: To filter the list to a specific assignment, in the upper-right corner of the Dropbox page, choose the assignment from the View by drop-down list and click the green Go arrow.
Step 4: Locate the submission and click on its link.
Step 5: In the submission:
- In the Grader/Reviewer Comments text box, enter your comments.
- If you are evaluating a text submission, you have the option of attaching a file. Click the Add Attachments button.
- Under Save Options, select Return to Student(s) for further editing. NOTE: You cannot return submissions if the cutoff date has passed.
- Click Save.
You will not see the submission again until it has been re-submitted by the student.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.