Assignments: I cannot show or hide an assignment
SOLUTION FOR ERROR MESSAGE:
"Assignments cannot be made available unless they are assigned to Students and have a valid due date and cutoff date. If the assignment is sent to groups, only the Section Designer-Section Instructor or Section Instructor can make the assignment available."
- Click the action link (down arrow) by the assignment
- Select Edit Properties
- Note the caution statement at the top about WHY the assignment is unassigned.
- Scroll to Assignment recipients and select All Students individually (or groups, if those are already defined).
- Under Dates, make sure you have BOTH a valid Due Date and Cutoff Date (cutoff date can be later than due date but not sooner).
- Click Save.
- Click OK on the popup message (you shouldn't have any submissions if class hasn't started yet).
- Click that down arrow by the assignment again.
- Select Show or Hide Item.