Browser Settings - Check for newer versions of pages in Internet Explorer
To set the caching options so that Internet Explorer checks for newer versions of pages with every visit to a site, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the "Tools" menu at the top. (Depending on user customization, the word "Tools" may be replaced by a gear or cog icon).
- Click on "Internet Options" at the bottom of the "Tools" menu.
- Click the "Settings" button within the "Browsing History" area.
- Select the "Every time I visit the webpage" under "Check for newer versions of stored pages".
- Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the "Temporary Internet files and history settings" dialog box.
- Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the "Internet Options" dialog box.
More Like This
- How can I clear my cache in a variety of Internet browsers?
- Browser Settings - Accept Cookies (instructions for Internet Explorer, Firefox, & Safari)
- Browsers: What are the recommended browsers for Windows?
- How do I add WebCampus as a trusted site in Internet Explorer? (recommended)
- Browsers: What are the recommended browsers for Mac?