Browsers: What are the recommended browsers for Windows?
ANSWER: Source - http://kb.blackboard.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=76087304
Internet Explorer® 9
Internet Explorer 8 Internet Explorer 7 Firefox (Final Release Channel) Firefox® 3.6 Windows® XP (32-bit) Unsupported Compatible Unsupported Compatible Compatible
Windows Vista® (32-bit) Certified Certified Compatible Certified Compatible Windows Vista (64-bit) Compatible Compatible Compatible Compatible Compatible Windows 7 (32-bit)
Certified Compatible Windows 7 (64-bit)
Compatible Compatible Unsupported
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Compatible: partially tested but should function properly.
Provisional: future technologies considered supported by Blackboard Support.
Unsupported: either impossible or not tested.
Mozilla Firefox has moved to a rapid release cycle. At the time of testing, Firefox 5.0 was the latest available version. Since then, new stable versions may have been released and widely adopted. Blackboard is supporting all newer stable versions of Firefox. For further detail on Firefox's release cycle please review the material available at http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/04/13/new-channels-for-firefox-rapid-releases/.
If you use AOL as your Internet Service Provider (ISP), do NOT use the AOL browser. Minimize the AOL browser and open Internet Explorer.
If you download a new browser version, you will need to download it, close your browser, and reopen your browser again, and then follow the steps to configure your browser listed in the steps below.
Your browser settings will vary, depending on the browser you choose to use. WebCT has developed a browser support site that will tell you exactly how to prepare your browser settings for your specific browser.
NOTE: If you followed the steps above to download and install Java, you do not need to follow these steps again that you will find again in the instructions below.
- Go to the Blackboard Vista 8.0 Browser support site
- Follow the steps you see on the page to:
- Make sure Java script is enabled
- Make sure cookies from third parties are allowed
- Change pop-up blockers allow pop-ups from WebCampus
Firefox & Java Plug-in:
Most recent versions of Firefox may disable the Java Plug-in. To enable Java:
- Click on "Tools", then select "Add-ons" from the list. If you do not see "Tools", click on the large "Firefox" button in the top, left corner of your browser, then select "Add-ons"
- In the main window, select "Plugins" from the LEFT side navigation pane.
- On the RIGHT side, find "Java..." (If it is disabled, it will be at the bottom of the list).
- If it is disabled, click on the "Enable" button next to it.
- You may close the tab after all Java options are enabled.
- Refresh your browser and try logging in to Webcampus again.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
More Like This
- Browsers: What are the recommended browsers for Mac?
- Computer Requirements: What are the minimum computer requirements for using WebCampus?
- *Browser Settings - What are all the browser settings I need to be aware of?
- Browser Checker - After I login, a Browser Check window pops up with the error: "Errors were detected. Please scroll down to see the errors in your browser configuration." What do I do?