Calendar: How do I add entries to the Calendar?
Calendar: Add Entries
You can add the following types of entries to your calendar:
Personal: these entries are not course-related and will display only for you.
- Course: these entries are related to a course and display only for you or for all course members. NOTE: The ability for you to make a public course-related entry is controlled by your Instructor.
Step 1: On the Course Menu, expand Course Tools.
NOTE: The placement of this tool in the course depends on the Instructor, and may vary from course to course. The steps below use the left-hand Course Menu as the starting point.
Step 2: Select Calendar.
Step 3: Click Add Entry screen appears. The
Step 4: Enter a title and description.
NOTE: When users view entries in a month, the title is the only identifier for an entry. Therefore, ensure that your title provides enough description in the space allowed.
To create the description in Plain Text format, in the Description text box, enter the description. The description will appear exactly as you have typed it.
To create the description in HTML format, you can use the HTML Creator or hand code the HTML:
To use the HTML Creator, click the Enable HTML Creator button. Depending on administrator settings, the HTML Creator may not be available or it may appear by default. Enter the description in the HTML Creator editing area.
- To hand code the HTML, select Use HTML. In the Description text box, enter the HTML code.
Step 5: Under Dates, specify a start date and end date, as well as start time and end time.
TIP: If you do not specify a Start Time or End Date/Time, the event will be treated as an All Day Event. If you are on Month view when clicking Add Entry, the default Start Date is the current date. If you are on Week view when clicking Add Entry, the default Start Date is the beginning of the current week (Sunday).
Step 6: Under Entry Type:
- Personal = make this an entry that is not associated with any of your courses.
- Course = make this an entry that is associated with your course (if you have access to this option).
- For Access, select who will be able to view the entry:
- Public = all members of the course can view this entry. NOTE: The ability for you to make a public course-related entry is controlled by your Instructor.
- Private = only you can view this entry. (If you selected Personal in the previous step, the only choice is Private).
Step 7: If you want this to be a recurring entry:
- Next to More Options, click the Expand/Collapse icon. The More Options section expands.
- In the Recurrence section, select the This entry repeats check box.
- Ensure that the Start date and End date are the same date.
- Ensure that the time duration for the entry is correct.
Select the days on which the entry will repeat:
- To make the entry repeat every day after the start date, select Every day.
- To make the entry repeat on selected days of the week after the start date, select Every week on these days and select the days.
- Next to Until, select the last date that the recurring entry can appear.
Step 8: If you want to include a link to a web site, then optionally enter a Web address (URL) to link to from within this entry.
Step 9: Click . The entry is added.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
- WebCampus Support