Chat and Whiteboard: **Overview
Chat and Whiteboard
The Chat tool allows you to communicate in real time with other users in the course. You can use Chat to engage in real-time conversations with all users or selected users. You can also use the Chat tool's Whiteboard to draw objects, enter text, and import images that can be viewed in real time by other users.
Example: Use Chat to provide information on office hours, online guest speakers, exam reviews, and study groups. Use Whiteboard to display images, draw objects or draw freehand, and present slide shows.
With the Chat tool, you can:
- Send messages to the whole class.
- Send private messages to select participants.
- Send URLs.
- Manage participation in Chat rooms by granting permission to one user at a time to participate
- View room logs (recordings of conversations in a chat session).
With the Whiteboard tool, you can:
- Upload files such as images.
- Enter text.
- Draw objects.
- Draw lines.
- Move items.
- Duplicate items.
- Erase items.
- Change item color.
- Use x and y coordinates.
- Undo your last operation.
- Print Whiteboard content.
To access the system provided Common Room:
TIP: While you can chat from the Student View tab, your name will not come across but the name Demo Student instead, so be sure to chat from the Teach tab.
Step 2: Select Common Room.
Step 3: Be patient as the Chat or Whiteboard room loads.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
- WebCampus Support