File Manager: Deleting Files and Folders
Deleting Files and Folders
You can permanently delete files and folders in your course. WARNING: Deleting a folder deletes all files within the folder. Deleted folders and files cannot be recovered.
Step 1: In File Manager, navigate to the folder containing the items you want to delete.
TIP: The items may appear on multiple pages. You can use the paging controls to navigate to items that appear on other pages.
In this example, 1 (1-20) means page 1 contains records 1 to 20.
- To view all pages: from the Page drop-down list, select All and click the Go icon.
- To go to the next page: click the Next Page icon.
- To return to the previous page: click the Previous Page icon.
You can also use the Paging Preferences icon to set the number of items to be displayed on each page. By default, 10 items are displayed per page. You can set a maximum of 999 items per page.
Step 2: Do one of the following:
To delete one item:
- Locate the item and, next to its title, click the down arrow icon.
- Click Delete.
Click OK to confirm the deletion.
To delete several items:
- Select the items and click . A confirmation message appears.
Click . The selected items are deleted.
- To delete all items listed on the current page:
NOTE: If you want to delete items that span multiple pages, you must adjust the number of items listed on a single page to include all items you want to delete. Use the Paging Preferences icon.
- In the table heading row, select the check box. All items listed on the page are selected.
- Click .