How can I clear my cache in a variety of Internet browsers?
The following is basic troubleshooting steps that will help speed up your web browsing and overall browser performance.
Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows
Step 1. First clear the existing cache, click “Tools” on the top menu and select “Internet Options”.
Step 2. A dialog box will appear, on the “General” tab, click on the “Delete...” button, check the box that says "Temporary Internet Files" and then press Delete.
Step 3. Next change the cache settings so that no other pages will be saved, on the same tab click on the “Settings” button under the “Browsing history” section.
Step 4. A Settings box will appear, Select the radio button for “Every visit to the page”, and click “OK” to accept the change, and “OK” once more to close the “Internet Options” dialog box.
Safari for Macintosh OS X
Step 1. Open your web browser (e.g. Safari – MAC).
Step 2. Select “Safari” on the top menu, and click on “Empty Cache” from the drop down menu.
Step 3. A dialog box will appear saying “Are you sure you want to empty the cache?" Click on the “Empty” button.
Step 4. This should empty your cache automatically.
Step 1. Click "Tools" at the top of your browser window.
Step 2. Select "Clear Recent History..."
Step 3. Check "Cookies" and "Cache"
Step 4. Click "Clear Now"
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
More Like This
- Browser Settings - Check for newer versions of pages in Internet Explorer
- Browser Checker - After I login, a Browser Check window pops up with the error: "Errors were detected. Please scroll down to see the errors in your browser configuration." What do I do?
- Browsers: What are the recommended browsers for Mac?
- Browser Settings - Accept Cookies (instructions for Internet Explorer, Firefox, & Safari)
- *Browser Settings - What are all the browser settings I need to be aware of?