Learning Module: How can I easily print several items in the learning module at once?
Learning Module: Create Printable View
Use the Create Printable View tool to create a printable view of all or selected content in a learning module. The printable view can be printed or saved to a file.
NOTE: Depending on the Instructor, the Action Menu may not appear, and if the Action Menu does appear, the Create Printable View tool may not appear.
Depending on the content of the learning module and the items you select to include, the following information appears in the printable view:
- The title of assessments.
- The title of SCORM modules.
- The title, instructions, collaboration type, due date, grading criteria, and attachments of assignments.
- The title and description of chat and whiteboard rooms, and discussion categories and topics.
- The title and content of HTML (.html) content files; and the title and a link to the content of text (.txt) content files.
- The title and description of media library collections and the title, description, and attachments of the collection's entries.
- The title and web site address of URLs.
Compiling Items for Printing
- In the Action Menu, click the Create Printable View icon. The Select Items from screen appears displaying a list of all content in the learning module.
Do one of the following:
- To create a printable view of one or more items, next to each item for which you want to create a printable view, select the check box.
- To create a printable view of all items, in the table heading row, select the check box. All items are selected.
Note: You cannot create a printable view of headings.
- Click Compiled Contents of screen appears displaying a printable view of the items you selected.. The
If you want to print the compiled content:
- Click . Your computer's print dialog box appears.
- Make your selections to print the compiled content.
If you want to save the compiled content to a file:
- Click . Your browser's file download dialog box appears.
Make your selections to save the compiled content to a file.
Note: Depending on the number and type of items you selected, it may take some time to save the compiled content to a file.
The compiled content is saved as a zip file with the file name, compiled_<learning_module_ID>.zip. For example, compiled_14045.zip.
To open the zip file and view the compiled content:
- Locate the file and, using a zip/unzip software program, such as WinZip, unzip the file. A Section Content folder appears.
- Open the Section Content folder. The Section Content folder contains a file called index.html, which contains the compiled content and a folder called webctIndex, which contains a style sheet for the index.html file. If the items you selected contain references or attachments to files or images, the Section Content folder also contains those files and images.
- To view the compiled content, open the index.html file. The file opens and the compiled content appears.
- When you are finished viewing the compiled content, close the file.
When you are finished viewing the compiled content, from the Compiled Contents of screen, do one of the following:
- If the table of contents is not set to display, to return to the learning module, in the breadcrumbs that appear in the upper frame, click the name of the learning module.
- To return to a folder, in the breadcrumbs that appear in the upper frame, click the name of the folder.
- To return to the Course Content tool, in the breadcrumbs that appear in the upper frame, click Course Content Home.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
- WebCampus Support