My Files: How do I edit HTML files?
Editing HTML Files
You can edit HTML files using HTML markup or plain text. When editing HTML files, you can hand-code HTML or you can use the HTML Creator. HTML Creator offers an easy, graphical interface for applying formatting, such as bold type, and for inserting images and links.
NOTE: Depending on administrator settings, the HTML Creator may not be available or it may appear by default.
WARNING: If you use HTML Creator to edit an HTML file that was created in a different HTML editor, such as Macromedia Dreamweaver® software or Microsoft Word®, HTML Creator may remove HTML tags that it does not recognize.
Step 1: In My Files, navigate to the folder that contains the file you want to edit.
TIP: The items may appear on multiple pages. You can use the paging controls to navigate to items that appear on other pages.
In this example, 1 (1-20) means page 1 contains records 1 to 20.
- To view all pages: from the Page drop-down list, select All and click the Go icon.
- To go to the next page: click the Next Page icon.
- To return to the previous page: click the Previous Page icon.
You can also use the Paging Preferences icon to set the number of items to be displayed on each page. By default, 10 items are displayed per page. You can set a maximum of 999 items per page.
Step 2: Locate the file and, next to its title, click the down arrow icon.
Step 3: Click .
Step 4: Make your changes.
Step 5: Click .
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
- WebCampus Support
More Like This
- My Files: How do I extract or unzip files with a .zip extension?
- My Files: How do I rename a file or folder?
- Grade Book: Why can't I see all of my students in the Grade Book?
- My Files: How find a file or folder that I know is in My Files, but I can't see it now?
- Selective Release: How do I quickly tell which items are visible or not to students?