Selective Release: *Overview
You can use the Selective Release tool to control the release of items and folders, all from a single page. The Selective Release screen displays all of the items and folders that have been added to the Course Content tool.
From that screen, you can do the following:
- show or hide items and folders to Students
- selectively release items and folder to Students who meet the criteria you set
- view which items and folders are visible to Students
Showing or Hiding Items and Folders to Students
If you need to, you can temporarily hide an item or folder from Students and then, when you are ready, show it to Students. Example: If a course evaluation survey has been added to the Course Content tool but you do not want it to be visible to Students yet, you can temporarily hide the survey and then, near the end of the course, when Section Instructors are ready, they can show it to Students.
Selectively Releasing Items and Folders to Students Who Meet the Criteria You Set
You can control when and to whom an item or folder is released by setting release criteria for it. When the release criteria is satisfied, the item or folder is released (becomes visible) to Students. There are four types of release criteria that you can set:
Date criteria allows you to specify a date and time when items and folders will be released to Students.
Member criteria allows you to specify to which Students items and folders will be released.
Group criteria allows you to specify to which group of Students items and folders will be released.
- Grade Book criteria allows you to release items and folder to Students based on information in the Grade Book.
You can set more than one criterion for items and folders and you can combine different types of criteria. Example: If you create a bonus assignment that you want to release on October 23 to Students who receive an A on a midterm assignment, you can set date and Grade Book criteria for the bonus assignment. The bonus assignment will then be released on October 23, only to Students who achieve greater than 86 out of 100 on the midterm assignment.
Viewing Which Items and Folders are Visible to Students
For each Student enrolled in the course, you can view which items and folders are visible to them. Example: If Students tell you that they are unable to view a quiz, you can check to see if the quiz is visible to them.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
More Like This
- Release Criteria: 4. How do I release an item to students based on information in the Grade Book?
- Selective Release: How do I show or hide items to / from students in my course?
- Release Criteria: *Overview
- Release Criteria: 2. How do I release an item only to certain students in my course?
- Release Criteria: 1. How do I add a date condition to an item in my course?