Syllabus: How do I add my syllabus document using the Syllabus tool?
Syllabus: Use File
You can import a syllabus file that you created on your computer. The imported syllabus must be in Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) or HTML format.
- It is highly recommended that you save your Syllabus to HTML format, since it will display more "cleanly" for students. For example, in Word choose File > Save As. Under Save as type, choose Web Page, Filtered (*.htm; *.html).
- If you used the Syllabus tool to add information, such as goals, policies, course requirements, lesson, and resources, this information is saved but not displayed after you import a syllabus. Only the information in the imported syllabus is displayed.
Step 2: On the Select Syllabus Type page, choose Use File and click Select
Step 3: Once the screen refreshes, click the Browse... button to import your file
Step 4: In the Content Browser window, click My Computer
NOTE: If the My Computer icon does not appear (you may see a red X), see alternative at the end of this article for instructions.
Step 5: Select your syllabus file on your computer and click Open.
A status bar will show the progress of the file being uploaded.
Once your syllabus file has finished uploading, the Syllabus screen will refresh and display your document.
When students click on the Syllabus link in the Course Menu, this document will open. Click the Student View tab to test how your syllabus file will behave.
Alternative to My Computer in Content Browser window
If the My Computer icon does not appear (you may see a red X) in the Content Browser, you need to get Java. Reference the articles on Java in this knowledge base for further details. The workaround, until you install Java, is to click the area below the Class Files image (where the My Computer icon would appear). Then select the link Click here to select files individually
Click the Browse button to upload a file from your computer. Each Browse button can be used to upload a single file from your computer
Click OK when finished. Once your file(s) have finished uploading, the Home page, sub-folder, or Learning Module will refresh with a link to each file added.
If you have any further questions, please contact us for support. Thank you.
- WebCampus Support
More Like This
- Syllabus: *What is the best way to add a syllabus?
- My Files: How do I upload files to a private file area in my course?
- Browser Checker - After I login, a Browser Check window pops up with the error: "Errors were detected. Please scroll down to see the errors in your browser configuration." What do I do?
- Assignments: How do I upload my web site project for a grade?
- Respondus: Step 2 of 2 in Creating a Quiz using Respondus: Upload the Quiz using Respondus